If you are looking for Hoover Smartwash automatic carpet cleaner reviews, your search ends here. Without beating around the bush, let’s have a look at why it is one of the top-rated carpet cleaners that is preferred by many who want to keep their carpets spanking clean in spite of having pets and even little kids around.
Two of the main reasons why people have dirty carpets are their pets and the love of their life – their little bundles of joy.
- Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner Review
- What Makes Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner Better Than Other Brands?
Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner Review
Hoover Smartwash FH52000 is an automatic upright carpet cleaner that reduces the effort of cleaning. This is a triggerless machine that allows you to automatically wash and dry by just moving backwards and forward, also it mixes the solution in the clean water by itselfs according to the needs.
- Triggerless cleaning.
- Mix the solution automatically.
- Automatic dry the carpet.
- Dual FLEXFORCE POWERBRUSHES.
- Easy to Assemble.
- Lightweight machine.
- Dual FLEXFORCE POWERBRUSHES.
- Separate tanks for Dirty and Clean water.
- Separate tank for a solution, because it mixes the solution automatically.
- Triggerless wash and dry.
- Might be pricey.
- Small tank size
SpecificationsUnit Weight – 18.9 lbs – This is perhaps the first thing that you notice when checking it out. The moment you start cleaning your carpet with it you realize that it is very light and easy to handle. Most carpet cleaners can be heavy in terms of weight and this can make it really difficult for the users to move around.
There are some that can weigh as much as 52 kgs.
Can you believe that!
Hoover Smartwash carpet cleaner is much lighter and this is a massive plus in its favor.Unit Width – 13 inches – Now, this again a good feature since it comes with a width of just 13 inches. This means it can get easily get into nooks and corners to help you clean dirt and grime from some of the most difficult areas to clean.
Hoover Smartwash is not just one of the best carpet cleaners. It’s simply awesome when it comes to performance. So, what really makes it an excellent cleaner?
One of the basic requirements of a carpet cleaner is its efficiency to shampoo the surfaces that it’s used on. This again depends upon three main factors that include:
- Motor-capacity to create a strong suction.
- Effective and quick delivery of the shampoo.
- Design of the brush so that it can easily extract dirt from the carpet.
Hoover Smartwash fills all these requirements and performs like a dream.
First of all, it comes with a 10 amp motor which is powerful enough to create strong suction to absorb both grime and dirty water from the carpet when in action.
Secondly, it comes with not one but two brush rolls that move in the same direction. This ensures rather an effective removal of dirt and debris from the carpet.
Finally, the brush rolls come with longer bristles so that they can help you clean even those carpets that come with a high-pile. Having said that, it works impressively on both short-pile as well as high-pile carpets.
For best results, it is recommended that you vacuum your carpet before you shampoo it.
What about the Input Power?
When it comes to power usage, Hoover Smartwash carpet cleaner may be low on the economy but you need to understand that powerful suction needs a strong motor that is likely to need enough power to work. Hoover Smartwash plugs into a 120V outlet and it draws 1200 watts.
Hoover Smartwash is a carpet cleaner and it is not meant for dry vacuum. What it means is that it does not have a dustbin. However, what it needs is a tank to suck up water and dirt when cleaning the carpet. It comes with a one-gallon water tank.
Is a one-gallon water tank enough?
That’s a highly valid concern and I would say that it is enough for cleaning a medium size carpet. But for cleaning big or large carpeted areas its simply going to require more water holding capacity both for freshwater as well as for dirty water. So, you might require a couple of reruns to clean a big carpet.
Hoover Smartwash comes with a filter on the tank that carries dirty water and you need to clean it before using it again. I guess it does not require much of maintenance but you need to keep in mind that if it gets clogged then it might affect the suction capacity of the unit. So, try to keep it clean.
For starters, there’s not much that accompany your Hoover Smartwash. All that you get along with it include a 2-in-1 pet tool and an 8-foot hose. Your purchase also includes a bottle of cleaning solution.
However, you have the option of ordering a couple of accessories that could include
- A SpinScrub attachment that can be a massive help in removing stubborn stains from your carpet.
- A stair tool that can also be a great help when you are trying to clean stair carpets.
- A crevice tool which can help you clean places that are too narrow for the main nozzle to reach.
In addition to this, you can also order from a variety of cleaning solutions according to your need and the type of carpet that you have or need to clean.
What Makes Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner Better Than Other Brands?
There’s no dearth of carpet cleaners on the market, both online and offline. In such a case, why should you choose Hoover Smartwash?
Let’s find out what makes Hoover Smartwash a better carpet cleaner than most of the other brands on the market…
Auto Mixes Liquids
If you have used a carpet cleaner before you would agree with me that mixing liquids, mainly water and the cleaning solution in the right mix is much of a headache. This is clearly not the case with Hoover Smartwash.
All that you need to do is just fill up the tanks (both the water tank and the one for cleaning solution) and the machine starts doing its job by mixing the liquids in the right mix all by itself. Thus, it saves you a lot of trouble and headache, of course!
Makes your job simple, doesn’t it?
By doing so, it also means that it doesn’t spill too much or too less of the cleaning solution on your carpet. Thus, it does not get too foamy and also dries up quickly once you are done with the cleaning.
Auto Cleaning – Another Excellent Feature!
The cleaning process itself is completely automatic. You don’t have to press any buttons to spray water or the cleaning solution and neither do you have to do anything to extract water from the carpet.
The machine does it all by itself. When you move it forward it sprays water and the cleaning solution. The brush rolls get into action and help remove dirt and debris from the surface. And when you move the machine back, it automatically extracts all the water from the carpet. Simple, isn’t it?
Drying is Automatic Too
Drying is a two-part process that is also entirely automatic. This includes:
- Suction – to extract from the carpet Hoover Smartwash uses the power of suction.
- Hot Air – It also blows down hot air to help dry the carpet. You can easily put the machine on the dry mode so that no liquid is dispensed when you trying to dry the carpet. Now, there are various kinds of carpets and the time taken to dry the carpet depends upon the length of the pile. However, what is certain is that Hoover Smartwash can help dry your carpet faster than most of the other competing brands on the market.
No Triggers – One of the best things about this carpet cleaner is that it’s extremely easy to use and there are almost no buttons or triggers. It’s completely automatic and the only button that is there is to switch on and power off the machine.
Dual Brush Roll – Another plus is that it comes with a dual brush roll so that it can reach deeper and ensure better dirt removal from your carpet.
Low Profile – Another great feature of this carpet cleaner is its low profile so that it can easily go under the furniture and is great for maneuvering. This is especially helpful when you have a lot of furniture on the carpet and it is not possible to move it around before cleaning.
Separate Tanks – Hoover Smartwash comes with separate tanks for freshwater, cleaning solution, and dirty water. While it mixes both the freshwater and cleaning solution automatically, it extracts dirty water in a separate tank after cleaning. Thus, there’s no mixing of clean and dirty water. This helps a great deal in ensuring better cleaning.
12-inch Cleaning Width – This is great for cleaning large carpet areas. Basically, it helps cover more area quickly. It saves a lot of time.
Get Hoover Smartwash for Easy Cleaning
Hoover Smartwash vs Bissell ProHeat 2x:
Hoover Smartwash and Bissell Proheat 2X Revolution, both are the top-ranked upright carpet cleaners in the new era. These machines are powerful enough to replace any professional service that you’re using for your home but, both of them are slightly different in use. Have a look at the table below.
|Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution||Hoover Smartwash Automatic FH52000|
|Main Feature||Best for deep cleaning, but noisy!||Convenient, but less noisy|
|Tank Size||1 Galon||1 Galon|
|Weight||19 lbs||18.5 lbs|
|Warranty||5 Years||5 Years|
|Extra Features||Pretreat CleanShot||Triggerless Cleaning|
As you can see, both the carpet cleaners are almost the same but there some extra features that could help you to clean better. But that totally depends on the stain or carpet you’re dealing with. One more thing, heating technology will not heat the water, you need to pour hot tap water and that technology will keep it warm.
In-depth Pros and Cons
This Hoover Smartwash automatic carpet cleaner review is going to be incomplete unless and until I list the pros and cons of this carpet cleaner so that you can take an educated and well-informed buying decision.
So, here we go…
- To begin with, Hoover Smartwash is extremely easy to assemble. You don’t require many tools to do that and it takes just a couple of minutes before your machine is ready to work.
- It can be used to clean various kinds of carpets with ease. You can easily clean carpets with all kinds of pills and fibre length.
- One of the most beneficial features of this carpet cleaner is that it is lower than most of the other brands on the market. This gives it a clear edge in cleaning under the furniture. Not just this, it also comes with a 12-inch head so that it can help you cover a lot of carpet area while cleaning.
- Dual brush rolls make it easy to extract dirt and debris from the carpet. The suction power is excellent to ensure better cleaning.
- It uses powerful air jets and hot air to dry the carpet once you are done with cleaning it. This is an important feature that helps you dry the carpet quickly.
- Separate tanks for clean and dirty water ensures better cleaning results. Most carpet cleaners come with just one tank and you can well imagine the results that you are likely to get from them.
- It mixes water and cleaning solution automatically and saves you a lot of trouble and time while doing the mixing.
- While it mixes the cleaning solution and water automatically, it is not possible to mix the cleaning solution manually. This could be a handicap when you require more of the cleaning solution to remove stubborn stains or other nasty messes.
- Even though there are separate tanks for clean and dirty water, the capacity of the clean water tank seems to be quite low and you might require to refill it every now and then.
- The length of the cord is less which could limit the cleaning radius.
Hoover is one of the top manufacturers in the home appliance category and their newest carpet cleaners are doing great. Hoover Smartwash is one of them, this is a plug n play device which you can maneuver on the carpets without pressing any button. The automatic mechanism of mixing the chemical formula into the water saves your time and no matter if you wanna clean the carpet on the stairs or upholstery the long hose will do the job for you. I hope this Hoover Smartwash review helps you, leave a comment below if you have a suggestion for others!